Monday, October 10, 2011

Schedules

I'm now well into the semester here at the H. John Heinz III College of Carnegie Mellon University (n.b. Thresher geeks, it takes a different style than the James A. Baker, III, Institute at Rice) and have generally enjoyed my courses--which are heavy on economics and, for some reason, Harvard Business Journal readings. But I have two unpleasant aspects of my schedule.

  1. I have an evening class, Monday nights from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., and I just don't care much for that time slot. I like to do schoolwork in the evenings, and this bumps that start time back a few hours.
  2. Friday afternoon "recitation" review sessions, from 3:30 to 4:50 p.m. They're not mandatory, strictly speaking, but they sure do seem like a good idea.
Thinking back across my eighteen previous years of schooling, I've never had either an evening class nor one that started after 3:00 on Fridays. My schedule is fixed for now, and the Monday night class was pre-assigned before orientation, but at least it's just a half-semester ("mini," in campus parlance) and so will be over soon.

My Google Calendar situation has also gone crazy in the past few months, with what can only be described as a proliferation of calendars for various clubs and groups being shared with me. It's good to know what's going on, but it is visual clutter--though necessary, to be sure.

Oh, schedules! So strictly do they dictate my life.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home