Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Busy

What are we going to do with all this stuff?
-- Howard Dean, contemplating the fate of his campaign merchandise after he ended his 2004 White House bid

Hi everyone, I haven't posted lately for a variety of reasons. I've been busy, primarily, doing odds and ends that one needs to do at the end of a time like this. I left San Manuel for the last time last Thursday, August 28, and got a ride from San Manuel from JICA, who brought me and Shannon onward to Tegucigalpa. I owe them big time.

As now-Chairman Dean contemplated four and a half years ago, I am asking myself what to do with the things that I had in my house in San Manuel. Some of them I gave away, others I sold, others I returned to their owners as I was just borrowing them (on long term lease) in any case but too many things I just brought with me. That was the dark side of the wonderful JICA jalóns; it didn't force me to pack light then so I have to do it now.

I also have to do all the COS (close of service) things like take a zillion medical tests (four stool samples!) and do a lot of paperwork. I also have to write my DOS (description of service), a semi-important official documentation of my time in Honduras which I will inevitably put off until the last minute. (Actually, I hope not.)

I have pictures that I'll upload later, perhaps after my return to the U.S. On Saturday I'm flying to Raleigh via Houston Intercontinental from Tegucigalpa; anyone who would like to visit at IAH should plan on being there between 4:19 p.m. and 6:55 p.m. The welcome party committee should plan for an arrival at RDU at 10:32 p.m.

Postscript to previous post: Also, I never found my backpack. I put up fliers and announcements on the radio but to no avail.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home