Friday, October 19, 2007

I need to get out more

I stay in site for two and a half weeks and they go and give Al Gore the Nobel Peace Prize? (Fun fact: as I was typing that, my muscle memory kicked in and I was going to type "Peace Corps.") The House doesn't override the veto on the children's health insurance thing? Please, people, the next time something like this happens, at least send me a text message.

It's been an up and down couple of weeks. Something happens and I feel great and then something else happens and wipes out the good feeling.

In other news, I was going to get the bus today but I just couldn't countenance getting up at 5:15 a.m., so I hit the snooze and got up at the much more sane hour of 7:30. I had to wait for about an hour to get a ride, but it was definitely worth it. And what was I going to do in Gracias all that time, anyway?

Tomorrow I get my refrigerator, which will be good even if I have to pay up to Lps 500 (~$24) for gas. I'm going to Tegucigalpa for a meeting next Monday so I'll be on the road Sunday and perhaps most of next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home