Tuesday, February 06, 2007

30 ways to look forward to a trip

So I’m going on vacation at the end of March and going to spend some time in Houston before and then after doing some traveling with my family. (I’ll be there from March 28th to April 2nd, and then again from April 13th to 16th.) And looking back at this posting, I thought another list is in order.
  1. I’m looking forward to my trip to Houston.
  2. I’m looking forward to seeing family and friends.
  3. I’m looking forward to drinking the tap water.
  4. I’m looking forward to driving and riding on paved roads.
  5. I’m looking forward to biking on smooth pavement.
  6. I’m looking forward to being in convenient walking distance to my destinations.
  7. I’m looking forward to meals not involving beans, rice, or tortillas.
  8. Perhaps confusingly (to you), I’m looking forward to Taco Cabana. (Suffice it to say, Honduran food is not the same as Mexican food.)
  9. I’m looking forward to being away from roosters crowing every three minutes.
  10. I’m looking forward to throwing toilet paper in the toilet instead of the trash can.
  11. I’m looking forward to opening the faucet and... whoosh, out comes water, available on a 24/7 basis.
  12. I’m looking forward to comfortable public transit.
  13. I’m looking forward to hot showers.
  14. I’m looking forward to being away from the dry season dust that gets everywhere when the roads aren’t paved.
  15. I'm looking forward to Beer-Bike!
  16. I’m looking forward to essentially free cell phone calls.
  17. I’m looking forward to handling dollars (but not necessarily looking forward to paying dollar prices).
  18. I’m looking forward to getting my iPod fixed.
  19. I’m looking forward to Palmer Church and Canterbury.
  20. I’m looking forward to doorways where I don’t have to crouch down to avoid bumping my head.
  21. I’m looking forward to going clothes shopping. (I’ve lost probably 20-25 pounds since June, and combined with the pretty worn-out state of the clothes I brought, I need some new clothing.)
  22. I’m looking forward to gourmet cooking.
  23. I’m looking forward to beverages bottled by other than Cervecería Hondureña.
  24. I’m looking forward to riding in elevators.
  25. I’m looking forward to being away from loud “evangelical” churches four nights per week.
  26. I’m looking forward to picking up and sending mail.
  27. I’m looking forward to standing in the Hanszen Quad and Commons.
  28. I’m looking forward to surprising people by speaking to them in Spanish.
  29. I’m looking forward to introducing the concept of the baleada to the U.S.
  30. I’m looking forward to watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report nightly at 10 p.m. CDT.
I may add more later as more things occur to me. See you then!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

20-25 pounds! Can I come visit you in San Mauel for acouple of months? Love, MOM

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home